Review: Sand&Sky Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment

There is a sad trend of me beginning my posts with a paragraph on how I haven't been updating and that I will try to update more. And following that, is often, my absence for about a year. Well, much has happened since my last post - the self explanatory 2020. The seemingly futuristic year became a year of loss, grief, solitude, frustration, desolation for many. I think it was a year that placed a paused button on all of our lives - forcing us to stop and reflect, realise, relearn things about ourselves which we otherwise wouldn't have been able to as we were so caught up with the hustle and bustle of our daily routines. Amidst the outbreak, I graduated from university/college and experienced my fair share of frustration and desperation to find my purpose and get a job. It took a while longer than expected but I managed to settle down in an internship which converted into a full-time job and I couldn't be more thankful.

Anyways, thank you for choosing to read my post and I'm sure the past year and a half hasn't been a walk in the park for most of us. Nonetheless, you have endured through the tough times so don't forget to give yourself some credit for that. 

Now on to the actual review! 


[CLAIMS & DIRECTIONS] (Based on their packaging)
"This super-power blend of Australian botanicals is a double-action exfoliant and a flash treatment all in one! Bamboo and macadamia seed physically exfoliate and smooth your skin. Formulated with AHA-rich fruit extracts, it also promotes cellular turnover and resurfaces your skin while Australian Pink Clay detoxifies and refines your pores. The antioxidants from botanical oils will leave your skin with a radiant glow."

"Apply to cleansed, moist skin and massage for 30 seconds, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 5 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. For sensitive skin, leave on your skin for 5 minutes and don't massage. Use 3 times a week. Always patch test before use."

[INGREDIENTS]

The product is claimed to be free from sulfates, silicones, parabens and phthalates
They have provided a full list of harmful ingredients that are absent from this product on their official website: Sand&Sky Flash perfection exfoliating treatment

Based on CosDNA, there are 3 yellow flags and 0 red flags which is very good. The 3 yellow flags are due to Pelargonium Graveolens Flower oil, Benzyl alcohol and Limonene
All 3 ingredients are frequently added into skincare products as fragrance ingredients but they can be  sensitising for some people. They are usually not a big cause for concern unless you have very sensitive skin.

[SMELL AND TEXTURE] 
The product has a more clay-like smell which took me a while to get used to at first. But I don't mind it too much since it's better than those strongly artificial scents in certain products.
The texture is more a pink clay with micro-scrubs. Pretty daunting for my sensitive skin so I don't massage it onto my skin for fear of irritation.

[PRICE]
On their official Sand&Sky website, it is priced at USD$42.90.
On Singapore's Sephora website, it is priced at SGD$59.90.

[EXPERIENCE]
Since I have sensitive skin, I used the product twice a week and I made sure to just apply gently on top of my skin without massaging it.

THE GOOD:
-Easy to use even amidst busy schedule (can easily use it in the shower while you wash your hair/brush your teeth)
-Pores do seem more clean (improved skin texture)

THE BAD:
-My skin turns a little pink after using the product. I am not sure if it's due to mild irritation or the product is staining my skin.
-Limited effectiveness (lacking the radiance the product claims to provide)

THE UGLY: 
-The high price point

WILL I REPURCHASE?
Probably not because I can rely on my Innisfree clay mask to do the same thing with about half the price paid. and might be too harsh for my skin. I do appreciate how it takes only 5 minutes though.

Comments