Review: COSRX hyaluronic acid intensive cream

Wow, it's been 38473294723 months since I've last updated. I have been really busy with school then the holidays came (YES I WENT TO KOREA AGAIN) and then my laptop crashed and I guess I got lazy in the process too but I'm back now with another review so YAY!

COSRX is currently one of the most highly raved korean brands right now and they definitely deserve every bit of their fame in my opinion. However, there are a couple of Cosrx products that aren't really as popular or even reviewed so I decided to do one on the 'hyaluronic acid intensive cream'.

[CLAIMS & DIRECTIONS]

"Hyaluronic acid intensive cream helps keep the skin hydrated all day and night with an invisible veil of moisture."
"It is a moisturiser that gently hydrates and protects the skin. Makes your skin deeply hydrating, lightweight wonder designed to smooth the complexion. Can be used as lotion as light moisture. This expert essential delivers soft, healthy, glowing results."

"Apply adequate amount of Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream on your skin when needed. For morning use, apply after Cleansing, Toning, Essence of which it can be followed by sunscreen and foundation etc. For deep moisture, it can be mixed with facial oil or essence and be used as a massage cream for effective night time skin care."

[INGREDIENTS]

Hippophae Rhamnoides Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Betaine, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Carbomer, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum 


Using CosDNA, I've noticed that all ingredients are all green flags (Safe ingredients) as it always is with Cosrx products so yay for that :) They also tend to keep their ingredients list short so there aren't many unnecessary chemicals.

The main ingredient of this product, Hippophae Rhamnoides Water, is actually Sea Buckthorn water which is known to help the skin regenerate more quickly and slow down the ageing process. For those of you looking for plumper and healthier skin, this is one ingredient you should hunt for in products.

Similarly, this product contains Sodium Hyaluronate which is essentially your Hyaluronic acid just that it is in the sodium form. They aim to reduce wrinkles by promoting the production of collagen and strengthening the moisture barrier of your skin. Moreover, sodium hyaluronate is a smaller molecule so it can penetrate into our skin with greater ease. 

[SMELL & TEXTURE]
I'm going to be honest and say that I dislike the smell and texture of this cream. It reminds me of glue.
When you spread the cream, it becomes slightly sticky and takes a while to absorb. There's also a white residue left but it disappears after approximately 5 to 10 minutes.

[PRICE]
I bought it online from Althea Singapore (http://sg.althea.kr/) for SGD$24.50 which is relatively affordable for 100ml.

[EXPERIENCE]
THE GOOD:
-The affordable price
-A little goes a long way. You only need a pea sized amount.
-Comes with a spatula in the jar so it'll be hygienic
-Short ingredients list with no red flags
-It did hydrate my skin to a certain extent

THE BAD:
-If you apply a normal amount as with other creams, it might be too greasy
-Might be too oily as a day cream especially for those with oilier skin types or humid climates

THE UGLY:
-The glue like smell
-Sits on your skin for a long time before getting absorbed. Feels heavy on the skin.
-When the cream is spread, there's a slight white residue leftover

The claims sounded very promising did it not? Almost like it was going to quench the thirst of your dying dry skin and that definitely made me harbor some kind of expectation for this product only to be disappointed. I've been using it for about 3 weeks as a night cream(too heavy for a day cream) and I felt like my skin was getting oilier (it could also be due to Singapore getting more humid). It feels more like an overnight mask than the day/night cream it was advertised as.
I took a break for a few months and started using it again and because my previous cream was great, I don't think I'll be applying this on my face anymore.(I'll be using it as a body moisturiser) Not that it worsened my skin or broke me out, i feel like it's a little too heavy for my combination skin and the humid climate I live in. But for those with dry skin, i hope you guys will give this a shot and let me know how it works for you!

Comments