Food hunt: Banana Tree

Hello hello! So I've been posting reviews on korean makeup and since I personally like to explore cafes, I've decided to incorporate my cafe experiences into my blog as well. I have been seeing photos of the food at Banana Tree and they seriously look so adorable so here I present to you my first food stop of this series!

BANANA TREE:
26 Keong Saik road (Closest mrt: Outram park)
6221 5020
Open daily from 12pm to 7pm except Sundays (12pm to 7pm only)

[HOW TO GET THERE]
1. Alight at Outram Park mrt station, proceed to Exit H.
2. Turn right and walk along Teo Hong road, passing by shops like Sugar Granny cafe,  Let's Relax spa, Calla on your left and a yellow building on your right.
3. Keep walking straight, you'll be on Bukit Pasoh road and just proceed until the main road where Pinnacle(a condominium?) opposite the road.
4. Turn left and walk along the pavement. You'll pass by a mini park below you and turn left onto Keong Saik road where shops like Lollapalooza, the Alley will be on your left.
5. Keep walking until you are right opposite 7-eleven. You have reached your destination. WOOHOO!
Keong Saik road 
the cafe is right opposite 7-eleven.

[ENVIRONMENT]

 a 'NO stupid people beyond this point' sign, which i need

some of the decorations on the wall

I apologise for not taking more photos, especially of the area near the counter. The entire cafe was really cool and cute and the same time with their modern interior and decorations. The space could accommodate about 40 people and their furniture isn't standardised with some being wooden tables and chairs and others being metal chairs with plastic tables.
One thing that stood out for me was the transparent ceiling they had over the cafe so natural lighting could penetrate(Yay photos) and you could see the shophouses above you. Wonder what it's like for the residents to look out their window and see people with their food below them though.

[MENU]
The average price of the food would be around SGD$8.
The drinks are pretty normal with the usual cappuccino, latte, espresso etc priced at $4 - 7.
Their cute desserts, which is what they're known for, consisted of Flower pot puddings($6.50), Oreo bomb($12), SomSom Latte($6.50-7), Bingsoo($12.50), Mojito($7.50) and Toasts($11-14)
I ordered a Espresso Flower pot pudding, Iced milk caramel somsom latte and a injeolmi toast which amounted to approximately $20 because I had a 30% discount for the toast.

[EXPERIENCE]
i really really love the cute exterior of the desserts
                                           
The Injeolmi toast was the best thing I tried with it having a scoop of vanilla ice cream and another of salted caramel on top of the toast drizzled with honey, chocolate sauce accompanied with whipped cream and nuts. It was really fragrant and since I have a sweet tooth, I fell in love with it. In my opinion, the vanilla ice cream complimented the toast much more than the salted caramel ice cream because the latter made it a lot sweeter. 

I personally am not a fan of puddings but the flower pot pudding was slightly different with it being less sweet and the texture was more mushy and soft. Not to mention, it's a lot cuter with the flower pot and oreo soil idea,along with the spade spoons. Nonetheless, I still got sick of it after half a pot. Guess it just isn't my cup of pudding afterall.(Bad joke)

As for the somsom latte, it tasted like any other caramel latte would be. It kinda tastes like Stabucks' iced vanilla latte but with one more shot of coffee. The cotton candy topping is cute but it kinda got in the way when i tried to stir my latte so I just compressed it into the drink.

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience with the interior design and adorable (how many times have I said this already?) desserts. I went on a monday afternoon and it was pretty peaceful with only a few other customers. It's slightly more expensive than I would like but hey, I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a place to chill with friends or your date.

Comments